Inicio › Foros › OXYSER – Todo en maquinaria de corte plasma y oxicorte › An American Marriage by Tayari Jones – buy book | 9781616201340
- Este debate está vacío.
3 noviembre, 2020 a las 3:38 #4537Amy SchultzInvitado
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones
- Places: Atlanta, Georgia, Louisiana
- Author: Tayari Jones
- ISBN: 9781616201340 (1616201347)
- Release date: February 6, 2018
- Genres: fiction, contemporary, adult, race, romance
- Awards: National Book Award Nominee for Fiction (2018), Orwell Prize Nominee for Political Fiction for Longlist (2019), Audie Award Nominee for Audiobook of the Year (2019), Los Angeles Times Book Prize Nominee for Fiction (2018), Women’s Prize for Fiction (2019)
- Language: english
- Publisher: Algonquin Books
- Format: hardcover, 308 pages
About The Book
Newlyweds, Celestial and Roy, are the embodiment of both the American Dream and the New South. He is a young executive and she is artist on the brink of an exciting career. They are settling into the routine of their life together, when they are ripped apart by circumstances neither could have imagined. Roy is arrested and sentenced to twelve years for a crime Celestial knows he didn’t commit. Though fiercely independent, Celestial finds herself bereft and unmoored, taking comfort in Andre, her childhood friend, and best man at their wedding. As Roy’s time in prison passes, she is unable to hold on to the love that has been her center. After five years, Roy’s conviction is suddenly overturned, and he returns to Atlanta ready to resume their life together.
This stirring love story is a deeply insightful look into the hearts and minds of three people who are at once bound and separated by forces beyond their control. An American Marriage is a masterpiece of storytelling, an intimate look into the souls of people who must reckon with the past while moving forward- with hope and pain- into the future.
FB2 book An American Marriage buy Kindle. MOBI An American Marriage Tayari Jones download on Walmart. Online ebook An American Marriage read online on Books-a-Million.